Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Reading Three

I think that it is important to include cultural studies in all disciplines. It is not benefical to allocate cultural studies to specific disciplines because each discipline explores different aspects of culture.  In language classes, I try to teach appreciation of languages through exposure to specific cultures. In each unit, I emphasize certain cultures by including different sayings and vocabulary. Students find it interesting when they can relate to the information being presented. I think that is the problem in the way we try to include culture in the curriculum by using out dated textbooks that have «cultural corners».  There is no specific solution to this problem, but I think that teachers need to be aware of the benefits of including culture in their classroom. 






No comments:

Post a Comment